WRLD are a software technology company who develop a cloud based, SaaS 3D mapping platform. The WRLD platform enables our customers to build applications that incorporate real time, geospatially accurate 3D maps drawn using gaming software technology. We license access to the platform to enable our customers to deliver compelling and engaging geo-centric applications and services.
Our technology includes the capability to:
- Provide high performance, real time delivery of a rich 3D view of the world in mobile applications
- Import map information and convert it to a 3D view
- Display information sources within the map (such as landmarks, points of interest, local advertising, real time information etc.)
Our core business is in developing the WRLD platform and in supporting customers around the world who license access to the platform. We also have the ability to deliver professional services to help build applications on behalf of our customers.
We are looking for a System Tester with the passion, talent and drive to be a part of our team in Dundee working on this ground breaking software. You will work within a small, focused team of software engineers, artists and system testers to evolve the WRLD Platform and to support our customers as they build apps using the platform.
The System Tester is responsible for testing the WRLD platform to ensure it is of high quality. This includes testing the WRLD SDK as well as apps on iOS, Android, Unity, WebGL and Windows. The role is primarily a manual testing role but there is opportunity to participate in automated testing.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Exploratory, functional, and performance testing.
- Finding defects for our platform products and apps.
- Development and execution of test suites and test plans.
- Working in a tightly-coupled multi-disciplinary team.
- Testing on multiple environment setups including iOS, Android, Unity, WebGL and Windows.
- Solving complex defect replication methods.
- Formulating and articulating qualitative feedback on our products.
- Investigating defects reported by customers working with the WRLD platform.
Skill & Experience:
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You must have a passion for testing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a cross-functional, team environment.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve and report problems as part of a team.
- You have an analytical mind and are able to maintain a high level of concentration and focus whilst working under pressure on multiple projects’ workloads.
- You should have excellent attention to detail and have the desire to ensure the quality of released software.
- Minimum 1 year testing experience
The following aren’t required but will give you a definite advantage:
- Experience in exploratory, compatibility, functional, non-functional, and performance testing.
- Experience in testing 3D environments.
- Test experience with applications on one or more relevant platforms (iOS / Android / Unity / WebGL / Windows).
- Degree-educated in a related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of test automation and/or test tools.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualified.
But, what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your skills:
Up to £29,500 depending on experience
All the normal benefits like:
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to email@example.com
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.