We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our exciting team in Dundee, working as part of our core engineering team on the WRLD map platform. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of a small and innovative team, I suggest you read on.
Working at WRLD3D means you’ll always be working on something interesting. From matching GPS traces to road-graphs to generating procedural road casings, we frequently work on challenging problems.
We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll get a chance to work with all of them. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD3D, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practices mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realize our full potential as developers. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You must have a passion for developing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- You should be fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures and 3D mathematics.
- You will have experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organization.
- Any offer of employment will be subject to the successful candidate holding the right to work in the UK.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience of working on iOS/Android platforms.
- Knowledge of graphics techniques and/or computational geometry.
- Knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- Experience with MVC web development frameworks, particularly Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with map reduce, Hadoop, EMR, mr job.
- Experience with C# and latest .NET framework.
- Experience with a dynamic language (Ruby, JS, Python, Lua etc.)
- Basic understanding of Unix system administration.
- Build configuration management and automation (Nant, Rake, Make etc).
- Experience with mapping tools and technologies such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, OGR
- Contributions to open source is an advantage.
But, what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your code wizardry:
- Junior-level up to £28,000p.a.
- Mid-level up to £35,000p.a.
- Senior up to £45,000p.a.
Benefits: All the normal stuff like:
- Flexible working hours.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons.
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to email@example.com
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.