We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our exciting team in Dundee, working as part of our core development team on the WRLD map platform. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of a small and innovative team, I suggest you read on.
Working at WRLD3D means you’ll always be working on something interesting. We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD3D, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practices mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realize our full potential as developers. We are making a place where good people can become great.
The Project Manager is responsible for liaising with the development team based in Dundee, Scotland and our clients and vendors. The ideal candidate will take a servant/leader approach to ensure that the development team is as effective as possible, delivering projects to time and budget constraints. The role may require foreign travel from time to time.
- Works with the development team to manage the delivery of various projects and products.
- Accountable for maintaining product backlogs and high level product roadmaps in coordination with stakeholders, both external and internal.
- Maintains strong relationships with vendors and customers ensuring timely and clear communication on all elements of development.
- Participate in Build Reviews and Defect Triages to control product quality.
- Support our Business Development Team in the preparation of estimates and quotations.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You must have a passion for developing high quality software.
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, in a coordination/leadership role.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You should be comfortable communicating with a stakeholders ranging across a variety of disciplines and organizational boundaries.
- Knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- Track record of successful project execution; completing and shipping quality products on time and on budget.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new techniques and roles in an organization.
- Candidate must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e. European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience with the entire life-cycle of software and app development (concept to ship) of at least one published product.
- Experience of mobile app development for the Apple iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience of working with stakeholders spread across different locations and time zones.
But, what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your awesome skills:
Up to £50,000 p/a depending on experience.
Benefits: All the normal stuff like:
- Flexible working hours.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons,
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.\
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to email@example.com
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.