We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our exciting team in Dundee, working as part of our core engineering team on the WRLD platform. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of a small and innovative team, I suggest you read on.
Working at WRLD means you’ll always be working on something interesting. From matching GPS traces to road-graphs to generating procedural road casings, we frequently work on challenging problems.
We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll get a chance to work with all of them. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practises mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realise our full potential as developers. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
These are the must-haves. The core skills you’ll need to be successful in this role.
- You must have a passion for developing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- You should be fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures and 3D mathematics.
- You will have experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
- You will have strong problem-solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
- Other Requirements: Applicants must have currently valid Right to Work in the UK.
The following are a definite advantage:
But don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack.
- Experience of working on iOS/Android platforms.
- Knowledge of graphics techniques and/or computational geometry.
- Knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- Experience with MVC web development frameworks, particularly Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with mapreduce, Hadoop, EMR, mrjob.
- Experience with C# and latest .NET framework.
- Experience with a dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, JS, Python, Lua).
- Basic understanding of Unix system administration.
- Build configuration management and automation (e.g. Nant, Rake, Make).
- Experience with mapping tools and technologies such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, OGR.
- Contributions to open source is an advantage.
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you!
But, what can we offer you?
Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your code wizardry:
- Standard from £35,000 to £50,000 p.a.
- Senior from £50,000 to £65,000 p.a.
- Matched contribution-based pension – up to 5%.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And fun stuff like regular team lunches and after work outings. Plus - the most important thing - a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and beverages.