WRLD3D are a software technology company who develop a cloud based, SaaS 3D mapping platform. The WRLD platform enables our customers to build applications that incorporate real time, geospatially accurate 3D maps drawn using gaming software technology. We license access to the platform to enable our customers to deliver compelling and engaging geo-centric applications and services.
Our technology includes the capability to:
- Provide high performance, real time delivery of a rich 3D view of the world in Mobile, Webgl and VR applications
- Import map information and convert it to a 3D view
- Display information sources within the map (such as landmarks, points of interest, local advertising, real time information etc.)
Our core business is in developing the WRLD platform and in supporting customers around the world who license access to the platform. We also have the ability to deliver professional services to help build applications on behalf of our customers.
A bunch of good reasons why you should apply:
Working at WRLD3D means you’ll always be working on something interesting. From matching GPS traces to road-graphs to generating procedural road casings, we frequently work on challenging problems.
We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll get a chance to work with all of them. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD3D, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practises mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realise our full potential as developers. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
These are the must-have’s, the core skills you’ll need to be succesful in this role.
- You must have a passion for developing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- You should be fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
- You should have experience of working in at least one backend technology (e.g. NodeJS, Scala, Java, Ruby on Rails).
- You should have an understanding of modern service deployment, including build automation and testing, containerisation and orchestration.
- You should have an understanding of cloud infrastructure or Platform as a Service, ideally Amazon AWS / Heroku.
- You should have an understanding of running and maintaining operational environments, logging, rotation, monitoring.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures.
- You will have strong problem-solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
Also, you must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e. European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit.
The following are a definite advantage:
But don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack.
- Knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- Experience with a dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, JS, Python, Lua).
- Experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
- Basic understanding of Unix system administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Familiar with Switching and Routing, especially Cisco IOS.
- Experience with build configuration management and automation (Nant, Rake, Make etc).
- Contributions to open source is an advantage.
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you!
But, what can we offer you?
Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your code wizardry:
- Salary dependant on experience up to £60,000 p.a.
- Matched contribution-based pension – up to 5%.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Cycle Scheme.
And fun stuff like regular team lunches and after work outings. Plus - the most important thing - a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and beverages.
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.