We are looking for a Technical Evangelist to join our exciting team in Dundee, as part of our Digital Sales group.
Working in collaboration with a number of disciplines (Marketing, Engineering, User Experience) this group is tasked with identifying, evaluating and developing customer acquisition channels for our online map services. These services consist of:
- SDKs which help software developers to embed a great mapping experience into their app or website.
- Self-service tools which allow non-developers to build and publish map experiences without writing any code.
We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile approach and regular reviews of working practices mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realise your full potential. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- This role is all about telling customers how great our platform is and showing them what they can build with it. To do this you will need both passion for and knowledge of software development. Previous experience as a software developer is a must.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You will be able to communicate confidently with a technical audience and have a knack for helping people to grasp complex subjects quickly.
- Experience of working within a Software as a Service business.
- You will have strong analytical skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a cross-functional team.
- An inquisitive yet empirical approach that balances exploration and discovery with measurable results.
- Experience of engaging in offline activity (Speaking Engagements, Conference Attendance, Hackathons) to supplement online marketing efforts.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Awareness of any of the following disciplines; Marketing, Data Science, Product Evangelism, Customer Acquisition.
- Experience of guiding a small group in pursuit of its goals on a day to day basis.
- Experience of working in a lean/agile environment.
- Experience of working with and nurturing user communities.
But, what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your wizardry:
Up to £50,000 p/a depending on experience.
Benefits: All the normal stuff like:
- Flexible working hours.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons.
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.