We are looking for a Back-End Developer to join our exciting team in Dundee on a contract basis, working as part of our development team on the WRLD map platform. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of an innovative team, I suggest you read on.
Part of the team:
Working at WRLD means you’ll always be working on something interesting. We pride ourselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often. We are working with a mix of established and emerging technologies such as C++, iOS, C# and Cloud Computing. You’ll never be a cog in the machine at WRLD, as we expect our team to be flexible and adaptable.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practices mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realize our full potential. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You must have a passion for developing high quality software.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- You should be fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
- You should have experience of working in at least one backend technology (e.g. NodeJS, Scala, Java, Ruby on Rails)
- You should have an understanding of modern service deployment, including build automation and testing, containerisation and orchestration.
- You should have an understanding of cloud infrastructure or Platform as a Service, ideally Amazon AWS / Heroku.
- You should have an understanding of running and maintaining operational environments, logging, rotation, monitoring.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
- Candidate must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e. European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit.
The following are a definite advantage, but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- Experience with a dynamic language (Ruby, JS, Python, Lua etc.)
- Experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
- Basic understanding of Unix system administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Build configuration management and automation (Nant, Rake, Make etc).
- Contributions to open source is an advantage.
But what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your awesome skills:
From £350 Per day depending on experience.
Flexible work hours and more:
On top of the salary, we offer a comfortable, modern and friendly place to work with flexible work hours and other fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
###Interested? If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to work on a revolutionary 3D mapping platform, please send your application to email@example.com
WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.