We are looking for a talented Web Developer to join our exciting team in Dundee, working as part of our core engineering team. If you’re excited by the prospect of being at the core of a small and innovative team, I suggest you read on.
You will be collaborating with a variety of disciplines to build and maintain our web presence and customer portal which hosts a suite of tools for customers to build map experiences.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practises mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
We think this provides the perfect environment for us to realise our full potential as developers. We are making a place where good people can become great.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You follow modern web best practises and take pride in writing clean & modular code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals such as algorithms and data structures.
- Experience of working in a full development lifecycle, building websites from concept through to complete, live product.
- Be able to work as a core member of an engineering team, forming part of a wider lean/agile delivery group.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- Awareness of cross-browser / cross-device compatibility issues.
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or a similar package.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Familiarity with MV? web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Django, Angular or React.
- Experience with web based content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Familiarity with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with continuous deployment and automated deployment technologies.
- You have a knowledge of automated and manual test methods.
But, what can we offer you?
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your code wizardry:
Salary: up to £40,000p.a.
Benefits: All the normal stuff like: Matched contribution-based pension. Private health cover. Life Insurance. Childcare Vouchers.
Benefits: And some fun stuff like: Internal hackathons, regular team lunches and after work outings. Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.