WRLD3D are a software technology company who develop a cloud based, SaaS 3D mapping platform. The WRLD platform enables our customers to build applications that incorporate real time, geospatially accurate 3D maps drawn using gaming software technology. We license access to the platform to enable our customers to deliver compelling and engaging geo-centric applications and services.
Our technology includes the capability to:
- provide high performance, real time delivery of a rich 3D view of the world in mobile, WebGL and VR applications
- Import map information and convert it to a 3D view
- Display information sources within the map (such as landmarks, points of interest, local advertising, real time information etc.)
Our core business is in developing the WRLD platform and in supporting customers around the world who license access to the platform. We also have the ability to deliver professional services to help build applications on behalf of our customers.
A bunch of good reasons why you should apply:
Working at WRLD3D means you’ll always be working on something interesting. From matching GPS traces to road-graphs to generating procedural road casings, we frequently work on challenging problems.
Our agile development approach and regular reviews of working practises mean that learning and improvement are integral to our day-to-day working lives. As a small studio, we are always striving for ways to be more effective. We do this through frequent, open communication, tight collaboration between disciplines and an absolute minimum of bureaucracy.
This is a hands-on leadership role, ideal for someone wanting to lead an software team but also contribute as a team member.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- You have a passion for growing and shaping exceptional teams & your own self-improvement
- You have a passion for encouraging others to develop high quality software at a rapid, sustainable pace, and do so yourself.
- You are aware of best-practice for leading a cross-discipline software development group of up to 10 people, including knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
- You are extremely self-motivated. You will be willing to directly contribute, and you thrive in a team environment
- You are fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures and 3D mathematics.
- You will have experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
- Candidate must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e. European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience working with customers and other stakeholders
- Experience delivering medium sized software projects up to £1m
- Knowledge of developing and evolving APIs and developer communities
- Knowledge of graphics techniques and/or computational geometry.
- Experience with mapreduce, Hadoop, EMR, mrjob.
- Experience with a dynamic language (Ruby, JS, Python, Lua etc.)
- Basic understanding of Unix system administration & operations
- Experience with mapping tools and technologies such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, OGR
- Contributions to open source is an advantage
Compensation & Benefits:
If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your code wizardry:
Salary: up to £55,000p.a.
Benefits: All the normal stuff like: Matched contribution-based pension. Private health cover. Life Insurance. Childcare Vouchers.
Benefits: And some fun stuff like:Internal hackathons, regular team lunches and after work outings. Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.WRLD3D is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.