Customer Success EngineerWe are looking for Customer Success Engineer to join our exciting team in Dundee, as part of our new Customer Acquisition group. Working in collaboration with a number of disciplines (Marketing, Engineering, User Experience) this group is tasked with identifying, evaluating and developing customer acquisition channels for our online map services. These services consist of:
- SDKs which help software developers to embed a great mapping experience into their app or website.
- Self-service tools which allow non-developers to build and publish map experiences without writing any code.
Typical activities will include:
- Preparation of technical education materials (sample code, blog posts, email campaigns, screencasts, videos etc.) to aid the efficient on-boarding of new customers and inspire them to build something great with WRLD.
- Presentations to potential customers, either in small groups or to wider audiences at seminars and conferences.
- Working with customers to match their requirements to our product features, identifying gaps that we should address to improve our product line
- Actively engage on Github, StackOverflow, Reddit, Medium, Product Hunt to be the voice of WRLD and establish strong relationships with developers, follow up to see how they are faring, find out what events they’re attending next
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- This role is all about telling customers how great our platform is and showing them what they can build with it. To do this you will need both passion for and knowledge of software development.
- You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
- You will be able to communicate confidently with a technical audience and have a knack for helping people to grasp complex subjects quickly.
- You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to solve problems in collaboration with both customers and colleagues.
- You will have strong analytical skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a cross-functional team.
- An inquisitive yet empirical approach that balances exploration and discovery with measurable results.
- A willingness to travel regularly in order to meet with customers and attend events.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
- Candidate must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e. European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience of working within a Software as a Service business.
- Experience of working with and nurturing user communities.
- Passionate about 3D technologies, mapping, Internet of Things, and/or VR/AR
- Have an existing social presence (i.e. Twitter), attend Meetups, contribute to blogs or contribute to online developer forums (Github, StackOverflow, etc)
- Awareness of any of the following disciplines; Marketing, Data Science, Software Engineering, Product Evangelism.
But, what can we offer you?If the requirements above describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your wizardry: Salary: Up to £35,000 p/a depending on experience.
All the normal benefits like:
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
To apply please email us at email@example.com