Customer Acquisition LeadWe are looking for Customer Acquisition Lead to join our exciting team in Dundee, as part of our new Customer Acquisition group. Working in collaboration with a number of disciplines (Marketing, Engineering, User Experience) this group is tasked with identifying, evaluating and developing customer acquisition channels for our online map services. These services consist of:
- SDKs which help software developers to embed a great mapping experience into their app or website.
- Self-service tools which allow non-developers to build and publish map experiences without writing any code.
Here’s what we expect from successful candidates:
- Demonstrable experience of managing customer acquisition activities for online products.
- This role is all about telling customers how great our platform is and showing them what they can build with it. To do this you will need both passion for and knowledge of software development. Maybe you’ve worked as a software developer in the past or spend time tinkering with code in your own time.
- You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
- Experience of guiding a small group in pursuit of its goals on a day to day basis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You will be able to communicate confidently with a technical audience and have a knack for helping people to grasp complex subjects quickly.
- You will have experience of measuring the effectiveness of customer acquisition channels at all stage of the acquisition pipeline.
- You will have strong analytical skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of a variety of modern digital marketing techniques and how they can be used appropriately. Working Google Analytics and CRO tools should be second nature to you.
- An inquisitive yet empirical approach that balances exploration and discovery with measurable results.
The following are a definite advantage but don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the full stack:
- Experience of working in a lean/agile environment.
- Experience of working within a Software as a Service business.
- Awareness of any of the following disciplines; Marketing, Data Science, Software Engineering, Product Evangelism.
- Experience of working with and nurturing user communities.
- Experience of coordinating offline activity (Speaking Engagements, Conference Attendance, Hackathons) to supplement online marketing efforts.
But, what can we offer you?If the requirements below describe you, we want to hear from you! Here are the benefits we can offer you in exchange for your wizardry: Salary : Up to £50,000 p/a depending on experience.
All the normal benefits like:
- Matched contribution-based pension.
- 32 days annual leave including 1 duvet day.
- Private health cover.
- Life Insurance.
- Childcare Vouchers.
And some fun stuff like:
- Internal hackathons
- Regular team lunches and after work outings.
- Of course, the most important thing, a fully stocked kitchen full of free food and drink.
To apply please email us at email@example.com